In the midst of one of our busiest wedding seasons, Peter and I took some time for ourselves to celebrate each other and our 25th wedding anniversary. Not the most ideal time for a vacation for us but with the work that we do, we felt it was the right thing to honour our own special anniversary!
I have always wanted to go to Hawaii and Maui didn’t disappoint! Most of these photos were taken with my little Fugifilm x100s, it is small but mighty 🙂 . When I take this camera along it lets me be more present in the moment, rather than lugging gear around.
We spent a lot of time driving around the island, doing what we love, exploring! We crossed a few things off our bucket list that I didn’t even know were on it!
- Riding in a helicopter which was fun and a little scary, but the view was breathtaking.
- Driving the winding road to Hana and the narrow road around the west side of Maui, which is so narrow that it is recommended that you drive it clockwise. We only met a few cars coming the other direction (those daredevils) and fortunately no one fell off the edge!
- Getting up in the middle of the night to drive up to the top of the Halakeleah Crater to watch the sunrise in the bitter cold.
- Snorkelling while holding hands with my husband (so not to lose each other) was lovely and made me feel like we were the only two.
- Drinking mai tais, watching a luau and the setting sun. The sunsets… I can never get enough!
Peter and I have the pleasure of working with a lot of couples as they marry and I wish them all the happiness we have found over the last 25 years. If we can give a little advice… love each other madly, have adventures always and stay young at heart!